New York Energy Star Labeled Homes
Energy Star Labeled Homes are part of the national new construction program from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The goal: to build homes 20% more energy efficient than conventional new homes.
In New York, Energy Star Labeled Homes are part of the New York Energy Smart Program, sponsored by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). This helps homeowners use less energy, save money, and protect the environment.
All New York Energy Star Labeled Homes are inspected and tested to help ensure better energy performance, greater comfort, and a healthier living environment. With an Energy Star Labeled Home, you get more home for less money.
Energy Star Labeled Homes use proven technologies and advanced building practices. Make sure your new home is as energy-efficient as possible, as it can save you 20% in energy costs every year. For instance, ENERGY STAR homes use less energy for heating/cooling and water heating – saving $200-400 annually on utility bills and additional savings on maintenance.
- Enhanced insulation
- Air Sealing
- High-efficiency heating and cooling systems
- High-efficiency appliances and lights
- Lower energy bills and ownership costs
- A quiet, comfortable living environment
- Greater durability and lower maintenance
- Improved indoor air quality for better health
- Access to preferred financing to increase affordability
- Peace of mind – the house is inspected, tested, and certified to meet guidelines for energy efficiency
- Higher resale value
Properly installed energy-efficient improvements deliver better protection against cold, heat, drafts, moisture, pollution and noise. Energy-efficient home improvements also help to ensure consistent temperatures between and across rooms, improves indoor air quality, and increases durability of your home depending on architectural design ie, rooms over garage.
Learn more about new construction insulation.