For the most part, gutters are reliable and will last a long time—especially when they are high-quality products. However, there may come a time when you need to repair or even replace them. Having a professional gutter company come out and assess your gutters and downspouts is the best thing to do, but there are some signs you can watch out for on your own.
Do You Need New Gutters?
Before talking to a professional, you can look out for certain signs that indicate you may need gutter repair or replacement. In general, you may need new gutters if your current ones:
- Often overflow or get clogged
- Have a buildup of rust, mold or mildew
- Are flaking or peeling
- Require more frequent (and increasingly expensive) repairs
- Fill with ice in the winter and cause damage to fasteners, downspouts and more
It may seem overwhelming to repair or replace your gutters, in terms of both time and money. But new gutters do more than just properly divert water away from your home. Gutter repair and replacement can:
- Better protect your home from water damage
- Prevent staining, wood rot, mold and mildew development and other issues
- Prevent erosion of flower beds and other landscaping
- Protect entryways and porches
- Keep siding and masonry clean and in good condition
Contact MIG Building Systems today to learn more or if you think you need to repair or replace your gutters!