Does your home have a crawl space? If so, make sure it has enough insulation! When crawl spaces are properly insulated, it can help cut your energy costs significantly and add to the overall comfort of your home, no matter the season.
If you need crawl space insulation installation in the Ontario, New York area, you’ve come to the right place. MIG Building Systems has been servicing Upstate New York since 1975, delivering quality products and reliable, professional services.
Our crawl space insulation specialists provide re-insulation services, new construction insulation services and renovation insulation services. We offer a variety of different types of insulation options to fit your needs.
Insulating Crawl Spaces
There are three keys to making sure your crawl space insulation will be effective:
- Moisture control – A water-managed foundation system should drain water and moisture away from your home’s foundation.
- Air sealing – Prior to crawl space insulation installation, all air leaks between the inside space and the outdoors should be sealed.
- Proper installation – Insulation installed in the crawl space should be continuous and complete (with MIG professionals, you can be sure the job will be done right every time).
Unventilated & Ventilated Crawl Space Insulation Installation
Before insulating your crawl space, it is important to know whether it is ventilated or unventilated, as this will affect the insulation process.
Usually, crawl spaces are vented to prevent moisture problems. However, many buildings today contain unventilated crawl spaces. This may actually be the best option in homes that have sufficient moisture control and exterior drainage because ventilation in the cold months makes it hard to keep the crawl space warm—and warm, moist air in the summer that enters the crawl space can lead to an increase in moisture levels.
If you have an unventilated crawl space, the best approach to take is to seal and insulate the foundation walls. There are several advantages of insulating your unventilated crawl space. When your crawl space has adequate insulation, moisture control and air sealing, it helps your home stay more comfortable, and you can see savings in your home’s energy costs. Also, for unventilated crawl spaces:
- Less insulation is required.
- There is no insulation requirement for energy efficiency reasons or protection against freezing (piping and ductwork are within the conditioned areas of the house).
Crawl Space Insulation Installers Serving Ontario, New York
Here at MIG, we understand the importance of having properly installed insulation in your home. Insulation can help significantly lower your energy costs and make your home more comfortable year round!
If you are seeking expertise for your crawl space insulation installation project in the Ontario area, contact a specialist at MIG today. Allow our insulation experts to determine the right option for your crawl space and insulate it so you can start saving money and living more comfortably.