The fireplace is one of the most important focal points in today’s homes, especially here in Upstate New York. A fireplace can bring warmth and comfort to your family at night, during snowy afternoons, and on quiet mornings.
To ensure your fireplace is working as efficiently (and safely) as possible, it is highly recommended you obtain an annual service contract for your fireplace maintenance.
Why is it important to have an annual service contract with your fireplace provider or a fireplace installation expert? In addition to being recommended by fireplace manufacturers, there are several benefits to obtaining an annual service contract for your fireplace. Annual fireplace service can:
- Enhance the appearance of fireplace products
- Increase the longevity and efficiency of fireplace products
- Improve your understanding of the fireplace equipment and how to take care of and maintain it
- Reduce the need for repair
- Help you save money
Fireplace Safety Tips
Here at MIG, we take fireplace safety seriously. It is important to be cautious of your actions around the fireplace, as well as read your manuals and follow instructions to ensure your family is safe.
Be sure to follow these gas fireplace safety tips:
- Supervise children, the elderly, the disabled and pets near a gas fireplace, stove or inset that is in use or was recently turned off.
- Keep any remote controls out of the reach of children.
- Install a switch lock to prevent children from turning on the appliance.
- Make sure family members and guests are aware that the glass panel of a gas fireplace stove or insert can be very hot.
- Wait for the appliance and glass panel to cool down before allowing anyone near it. Cool down can take an hour or more. Some appliances turn on and off automatically with a thermostat, so it may not be clear when a fire is turned off.
- Be aware that metal surfaces, such as door frames and grilles, can also get hot.
- Read the owner’s manual and follow instructions.
For wood burning fireplaces, many of the same safety tips apply, such as reading the owner’s manual, supervising children, keeping the area clear of flammable materials, never burning cardboard or trash, etc.
Learn more about fireplace safety.
MIG Fireplace Annual Service Contracts
When you work with MIG for your annual service contract, you can trust that you are getting top-of-the-line expertise and reliable, quality service—guaranteed. Our fireplace experts offer an annual service contract for both MIG installed fireplaces ($129.99) and non-MIG installed fireplaces ($149.99).
Details of our fireplace service contract include the following:
- Inspection of all fireplace products and functions
- Fireplace cleaning, both inside and out
- Carbon monoxide and gas leak testing
- Vent inspection
- Gas pressure verification and gas valve function testing
- Seal and gasket inspection
- Cleaning and adjustment of pilot flames
- Testing of pilot burner and orifices for blockages
- Adjustment of embers and refreshment of ember bed
- Testing for proper ignition and combustion
If you are interested in learning more about our fireplace annual service contracts, call MIG and speak with a fireplace expert today!
Sign Up for an Annual Fireplace Contract
If you want to increase fireplace safety in your home, be sure to follow the tips, always use the utmost care and sign up for an annual fireplace contract and professional service with MIG.
Contact us today to learn more about our fireplace services in the Rochester & Syracuse, New York areas—keep your home cozy and comfortable in the most efficient and safe way possible, starting today!