Have you been wondering which insulation will best suit your home? The team at MIG Building Systems is here to help! With experience installing a variety of insulation materials, we have the knowledge and expertise to help you choose the perfect choice for your Upstate New York home.
Types of Insulation
Before you can choose what type of insulation to install, you must learn about each type. At MIG, we install:
- Spray foam: Typically made of polyurethane, spray foam is applied wet and expands into thick foam. Spray foam insulation can be installed in crevices and hard-to-reach areas and can help reduce air infiltration.
- Fiberglass (batts and blown-in): Fiberglass, which has been used to insulate homes for decades, is available as loose-fill/blown-in or batts. Fiberglass is made of tiny glass fibers and is often installed in attics but can be used to insulate walls and crawl spaces as well.
- Cellulose: Cellulose is environmentally friendly—it consists of up to 85 percent recycled material and takes less energy to make than other insulation materials—and can be installed in any area of a home.
Why Should I Insulate My Home?
The benefits home insulation installation offers extend beyond higher energy efficiency and reduced energy bills. The right amount of home insulation can help:
- Make your home more comfortable no matter what time of year it is
- Reduce outside noises
- Increase the efficiency of your AC
- Make your home more environmentally friendly
- Potentially increase the resale value of your home
Insulation Installers in Rochester & Syracuse, New York
Ultimately, our team can help you determine the best insulation material for your home. Get in touch with us today and we’ll figure out what needs to be installed in order to meet both your budget and needs.
Give us a call at 888-397-0988 or fill out a contact form to learn more!