Commercial Use & Multi-Family Insulation Products
The team at MIG Building Systems works with builders, business owners and property managers for a variety of commercial and industrial insulation projects throughout the greater Rochester and Syracuse, New York areas. Experts when it comes to insulating all types of buildings, our insulation services include:
- Office buildings, retail establishments and commercial brick-and-mortar establishments
- Apartments and multi-family residences
- Senior living properties
- Warehouses and commercial storage facilities
- Restaurants and fast-casual dining
- And more
Types of Insulation Installation by MIG Building Systems
Different types of insulation provide different benefits. At MIG Building Systems, we offer our customers a variety of options for insulation. Learn more about our fiberglass, spray foam, rigid foam, cellulose, and rockwool insulation options!
Fiberglass is made up of extremely fine glass fibers and is a popular form of insulation. Fiberglass insulation is an extremely cost-effective option, and the high R-values provide the most desirable levels of protection for your building. MIG relies on the trusted Owens Corning brand for its long-standing quality fiberglass insulation products. We recommend Owens Corning EcoTouch® PINK® FIBERGLAS™ Insulation because it helps your building stay comfortable throughout seasonal changes and contains almost 100% natural ingredients.
We recommend putting fiberglass insulation in your building because:
- Fiberglass insulation is a non-corrosive insulation option that doesn’t require fire-retardant chemicals that could corrode pipe and metal
- Fiberglass insulation is non-combustible and meets all required building model codes
- Fiberglass insulation is highly moisture-resistant, which is important for maintaining your insulation’s effectiveness
We offer Icynene spray foam insulation, which has been tested and validated as an air barrier material and is ideal for both new construction and re-insulation projects. It expands into hard-to-reach cracks and crevices, and it reduces air leakage to provide you with the utmost comfort in a cost-efficient way.
Icynene spray foam insulation can:
- Add structural strength to your building and adheres well to any surface it is sprayed on
- Help boost your building’s resale value
- Help inhibit mold growth because it does not absorb water
- Maintain its shape (and its insulation value) after it’s installed – it won’t settle or shrink
Rigid foam insulation installation is mainly used for new construction projects, and in our experience, it is a great solution for insulating homes and buildings and maximizing energy efficiency.
There are three types of rigid foam insulation:
- Polyisocyanurate (polyiso): polyisocyanurate rigid board insulation typically comes with reflective foil facing on both sides. This makes it ideal for the attic, as the foil helps your building reflect, rather than absorb, the sun’s energy
- Extruded polystyrene (XPS): extruded polystyrene rigid board panels have smooth, plastic surfaces and are extremely durable
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS): EPS rigid board insulation can be used for both new construction projects and re-insulating
When it comes to insulation, our experts will provide the best advice when it comes to you and your building!
Your building is made of many cracks and crevices that need to be filled properly with insulation. Cellulose insulation is blown into your building’s walls, providing a seamless insulation system.
Cellulose insulation can:
- Make your building more comfortable year-round
- Reduce outside noises (and muffle sounds between different levels and rooms inside building)
- Help improve the overall efficiency of your air conditioner
- Help increase resale value to your building
- Facilitate a healthier environment (reduced energy consumption decreases carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions)
When it comes to cellulose insulation, the experts at MIG are ready to assist you.Contact us
Made of rocks and minerals spun into small, high temperature-resistant fibers, rockwool (or mineral wool) insulation is used for a variety of applications. This is thermally efficient but can also help provide soundproofing. Rockwool insulation is often used:
- For thermal control and acoustical comfort in buildings (attics, ceilings, walls and more)
- For thermal, acoustical and condensation control in commercial and institutional HVAC systems
- For energy savings, process control and sound control in industrial and manufacturing processes
No matter the insulation type, our teams have the experience, understanding and expertise necessary to be competitive while consistently meeting the needs of our customers. Our projects range from large, high-profile jobs to small, local ones.