Insulating your basement
Talk to MIG today for basement insulation services in the Rochester and Syracuse areas. We have been servicing Upstate New York since 1975, delivering quality products and reliable, professional service to all of our customers. Our basement insulation specialists provide re-insulation services, new construction insulation services and renovation insulation services. We offer a wide array of basement insulation options to fit your needs.
Basement insulation options
Basement insulation installation can cut your energy costs as well as make your home more comfortable year round. There are different options for insulating basements:
- Exterior basement walls
- Interior basement walls
- Basement ceiling
Not sure which option best fits your basement insulation installation needs? Talk with one of MIG’s insulation specialists today to find the right solution for your basement insulation project. Also, be sure to check out our video below about how MIG’s Certified Energy Experts will design a thermal envelope solution that is right for your home:
Basement insulation considerations
Because the basement is more connected to other living spaces than the outside of the house, insulating basement walls is preferable to insulating the basement ceiling. Each has its own advantages.
Exterior wall basement insulation:
- Requires less insulation than insulating the basement’s ceiling
- Maintains continuous thermal and air leakage boundaries
- Reduces heat loss through the foundation of your home
- Allows for minimal increase in the size of heating and cooling equipment
- Reduces the risk of condensation and mildew in the basement
Interior basement ceiling insulation (often the more cost-effective option for insulating your basement):
- Is less expensive to install, especially for pre-existing buildings
- Uses almost any material (blown-in cellulose, fiberglass, etc.)
- Eliminates unwanted pests
- Is isolated from the cold climate outdoors, compared to exterior wall insulation
Certified Energy Expert
The team at MIG Building Systems is proud to be part of the Owens Corning® Certified Energy Expert® Professionals – giving our customers a greater sense of the quality of our installations, materials, and the confidence that your home or building project is quieter, more comfortable, and more energy-efficient. Learn more about what it takes to be a Certified Energy Expert for Owens Corning.