Residential retrofit insulation services
Do you need to re-insulate your home in the Rochester or Syracuse area? Call the team at MIG Building Systems! We are experts when it comes to retrofit insulation (re-insulation) and energy solutions for all types of homes.
Types of Insulation for Retrofit Projects
The team at MIG Building Systems improves the energy efficiency, comfort and value of homes throughout the upstate New York area. There are several options when it comes to replacing the insulation in your home. We install the most popular options, including:
- Spray foam: Typically made of polyurethane, spray foam is applied wet and expands into thick foam. Spray foam insulation can be installed in crevices and hard-to-reach areas and can help reduce air infiltration.
- Fiberglass (batts and blown-in): Fiberglass, which has been used to insulate homes for decades, is available as loose-fill/blown-in or batts. Fiberglass is made of tiny glass fibers and is often installed in attics but can be used to insulate walls and crawl spaces as well.
- Cellulose: Cellulose is environmentally friendly—it consists of up to 85 percent recycled material and takes less energy to make than other insulation materials—and can be installed in any area of a home.
Where Can You Re-Insulate Your Home?
Although you can add insulation to almost any area of your home where you want to improve energy efficiency, some of the most common areas people in the Rochester and Syracuse area want to insulate include:
- Attics: Attics contribute to some of the highest amounts of energy loss in the home. Proper insulation can help improve your home’s energy efficiency and comfort.
- Walls: Don’t let your conditioned air escape through the walls or near the windows and doors. The experts at MIG Building Systems can help you insulate the walls to make your home more comfortable.
- Crawl spaces: Crawl spaces are another common area of heat loss in a home. We can help you seal any gaps in your insulation.
Certified Energy Expert
The team at MIG Building Systems is proud to be part of the Owens Corning® Certified Energy Expert® Professionals – giving our customers a greater sense of the quality of our installations, materials, and the confidence that your home or building project is quieter, more comfortable, and more energy-efficient. Learn more about what it takes to be a Certified Energy Expert for Owens Corning.