Whether you built your home from the ground up or bought and moved into an existing home, insulation is probably the last thing you think about–out of sight, out of mind. Even if your home does need to be reinsulated, it most likely won’t be super obvious to you. You may mistake some of the signs that your home needs more insulation for other issues. However, it’s important to learn how to know when it’s time to reinsulate your home so you can continue enjoying a quiet and comfortable house and low energy bills.
Signs Your Home Needs to Be Reinsulated
So how do you know when it’s time to reinsulate your home? Here’s a list for you to refer to so you can stay on top of your home’s insulation levels and add more if needed.
- You have higher than necessary energy bills.
- You notice high-temperature variations between rooms throughout the house.
- You experience cold drafts even when all the windows are doors are closed.
- Your home’s internal temperature fluctuates significantly depending on the outside weather instead of your thermostat and HVAC system.
- Your floors, ceilings and walls are cold.
- You easily experience frozen pipes.
- You have water leaks in the attic.
- You have ice dams on the roof.
- You notice mice and bugs on your property.
- Your home stays cold even if the heater is on.
- Your home gets excessively hot during the summer.
If you’re experiencing one of these signs or multiple, it may be time to add more insulation. If you’re unsure, you can have a professional come check your home out and determine if more insulation is needed.
Benefits of Reinsulation
If you’re not noticing any of the issues listed above, it may still be worth it to reinsulate your home because of all the benefits it provides. When you have your home reinsulated, you’ll experience many long-lasting benefits, including:
- Reduced energy costs
- Minimized moisture condensation
- Enhanced HVAC performance
- Reduced emissions of pollutants
- Reduced noise pollution
- Increased comfort throughout your home
The Reinsulation Process
You could reinsulate your entire home or just a few spaces, such as the attic, basement or crawl space. To determine where you need more insulation, a technician from MIG Building Systems will assess the insulated areas of your home and make a recommendation. They’ll check the condition of your current insulation and determine if it’s in good enough condition to add more on top or if complete insulation replacement is needed.
After they’ve created a plan for reinsulating your home, our skilled and professional team will get to work on your reinsulating project. When we’re done, you can expect a clean space like we were never there, along with long-lasting, comfortable results.
If you think it’s time to reinsulate your Rochester home, contact the pros at MIG Building Systems today. Reach out to us online or give us a call at 888-397-0988 to speak with a team member.