Home Reinsulation in Upstate New York
Are you looking to make your home as energy-efficient as possible? Give yourself a fresh start with a reinsulation solution. If you live in the Syracuse or Rochester area, look no further than MIG Building Systems. We have all your reinsulation needs covered!
Rather than just adding another layer of fiberglass or foam to your existing insulation, reinsulation from MIG is a thorough multi-step assessment and installation program that addresses all the issues that can cause your home to be less efficient than it should be.
Ready to get started? Give us a call at 888-397-0988 or contact us online today!
Our Reinsulation Process
We start by removing all of the old insulation you currently have installed. Our experienced insulation contractors conduct a blower door test to measure air tightness and identify any spots where there is air leakage in the home. By sealing these trouble spots, we lay the foundation for a much more efficient insulation solution.
Once your house has been properly air-sealed, our experts work with you to determine the best choice for new insulation. We install all types of home insulation, including:
- Attic insulation
- Basement insulation
- Wall insulation
- Crawl space insulation
- Cellulose insulation
- Fiberglass insulation
- Spray foam insulation
When the reinsulation project is complete, your home will be as well insulated and energy-efficient as a new home. You’ll enjoy the comfort and savings of a house that is properly prepared for our brutal winters and hot summers in Upstate New York!
Signs You Need Reinsulation
If you’re trying to determine whether your home has adequate insulation, it’s a good idea to look for signs of heat, air and moisture infiltration. You shouldn’t see these issues with good insulation, barring a problem in other areas like your weatherproofing or your HVAC system.
- Fluctuating temperatures and drafts: If you have problems with draftiness or with rooms rapidly changing from hot to cold or vice versa, you likely have insulation problems.
- Unusually high energy use: If your power bills are creeping higher each year despite relatively similar temperatures — or have always been high despite good HVAC systems — your insulation is a likely culprit.
- Damp, too hot or too cold interior surfaces: If your walls, floors or ceiling feel damp or if you feel the exterior temperature radiating through, then you have insulation issues in that area.
- Uncomfortable rooms: If certain rooms are always uncomfortable, and it’s not due to an HVAC obstruction or balancing issue, poor insulation is a likely cause. This is especially true for rooms with exterior walls, rooms connected to a poorly insulated attic or rooms above a poorly insulated basement or crawl space.
- Ice dams on the edge of your roof: In the winter, heavy ice formation at the edge of your roof can indicate that heat is leaking through your attic and melting snow; the runoff then refreezes as it gets away from the heat toward the edge of your roof.
- Frozen pipes: Frozen pipes, especially in your walls, can be a big red flag for poor insulation and a sign you need to reinsulate soon. This represents more than just a risk to your comfort and energy efficiency: It can lead to major damage to your home that can prove difficult or impossible to repair completely.
- Pest infiltration: Pests in your home can be a sign of moisture infiltration, mold growth, etc., which can, in turn, indicate problems with your home’s insulation.
If you’ve noticed some of these signs you need reinsulation, don’t hesitate. Get started on a retrofit insulation project with MIG Building Systems today by dialing 888-397-0988 or contacting us online.
Benefits of Reinsulation
There are many benefits of installing existing home insulation to increase your energy efficiency efforts. In addition to helping you save on your energy bills, reinsulation can help:
- Make your home more comfortable year-round
- Improve the overall efficiency of your air conditioner and furnace
- Increase the market value of your home as buyers place a high value on energy efficiency
- Reduce outside noises and noises between different rooms and levels inside your house
Reinsulation Services in Syracuse & Rochester, NY
When you need insulation installation in Upstate New York, rest assured MIG Building Systems has you covered! Our team takes pride in being part of the Installed Building Products (IBP) Family of Companies because we can offer services and products few other companies in the area can match.
Get started by calling 888-397-0988 today!