Used between the framed studs of walls, floors and ceilings, spray foam insulation can be installed nearly everywhere. Its ability to expand means it is especially appreciated for the overall coverage it provides.
If you’re looking for spray foam insulation contractors in the Rochester and Syracuse areas, talk to MIG Building Systems today. We have been providing home insulation services in Upstate New York since 1975, offering quality insulation installation and reliable, professional service to all of our customers. Our spray foam insulation contractors provide re-insulation services, new construction insulation services and renovation insulation services. We offer a wide variety of different insulation options to fit your needs.
Call 888-397-0988 or fill out a contact form and learn more about our spray foam insulation contractors.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Ensuring your home is insulated correctly is one of the most effective ways to enhance its efficiency and value. Wondering if spray foam insulation is “worth it?” Well, adequately installed insulation significantly reduces your energy bills and:
- Facilitates better indoor air quality – Spray foam insulation reduces the amount of air pollutants and allergens in your home.
- Provides a quieter indoor environment – As a result of spray foam insulation, outside noises are greatly reduced, providing a peaceful environment for your home.
- Increases comfort level – Spray foam insulation helps make your home more comfortable by eliminating drafts and condensation.
- Helps with air sealing – Able to fill irregular and hard-to-reach spaces, spray foam insulation is effective at sealing cracks and voids in any area. This ability also allows spray foam insulation to be easily installed between floor joists, and around wiring, piping and ductwork.
Spray foam insulation also:
- Adds structural strength to your home and adheres well to any surface it is sprayed on.
- Helps boost your home’s resale value.
- Helps inhibit mold growth because it does not absorb water.
- Does not easily settle or shrink in size after it’s installed.
Spray Foam Insulation vs. Other Types of Insulation
- Spray foam insulation – Spray foam insulation works well for both new construction and re-insulation projects. This type of insulation provides a great air barrier, reduces air leakage, and can fill all kinds of spaces in your home, effectively saving you money.
- Fiberglass insulation – Fiberglass insulation is ideal for home remodeling and renovation projects. It consists of extremely fine glass fibers and is one of the most commonly used insulation materials.
- Cellulose insulation – The walls, ceilings and floors of your home are filled with odd-shaped cavities and obstacles created by plumbing, air ducts and wiring. That’s where cellulose insulation works best. Cellulose insulation is sprayed or blown into your home’s walls, providing a seamless insulation system.
- Radiant barrier insulation – Radiant barrier insulation can make your home more energy-efficient and comfortable. Radiant barriers, typically installed in the attic, are superior at reducing heat that gets absorbed in areas where sunlight primarily hits, such as an attic.
- Rigid foam insulation – Rigid foam insulation is mainly used for new construction projects and is a great solution for insulating homes and buildings and maximizing energy efficiency.
Spray Foam Insulation Contractors in Rochester & Syracuse, NY
At MIG, we offer Icynene spray foam insulation, which has been tested and validated as an air barrier material and is ideal for both new construction and re-insulation projects. It expands into hard-to-reach cracks and crevices and reduces air leakage to provide you with the utmost comfort in a cost-efficient way.
If you are seeking expertise for your spray foam insulation project and need experienced spray foam insulation contractors, contact MIG today. Allow our insulation experts to show you why spray foam insulation is the right solution for you, then install it correctly so you can start saving and living more comfortably!
Call 888-397-0988 or contact us online to get in touch with our professionals today! You’ll never have to search for the “best spray foam insulation contractors near me” again!
Spray Foam Insulation FAQs
Is spray foam insulation worth the cost?
The initial cost of spray foam insulation is well worth the investment when factoring in the overall savings that come in the long term.
Can I install spray foam insulation myself?
While it may be possible to install spray foam insulation yourself, our insulation experts do not consider it to be a DIY project. The process requires practice, knowledge, and the proper tools, so it is best to trust the professionals.
Can spray foam be installed in existing walls?
Yes, it is possible for spray foam to be installed in existing walls; however, drywall needs to be removed before you can install the foam.
Where are the best places to install spray foam?
- New home additions
- Entertainment/media rooms