Types of Insulation
Where to Insulate & Which Materials to Use
Do you need to insulate a new home you’re building? Interested in re-insulating your home? MIG Building Systems offers different insulation solutions to help you maximize the energy efficiency of your home and save money.
For a FREE QUOTE on your insulation services around Rochester, NY, give us a call at 888-397-0988 or contact us online!
You have a wide range of insulation materials available to you, and each product has advantages and disadvantages. One of the expert technicians at MIG Building Systems can help you determine which insulation material is right for your project and budget. Some of the most common types of insulation include:
- Fiberglass insulation: Fiberglass insulation is one of the most widely used types of insulation, and it can be installed as a blanket system of rolls and batts.
- Cellulose insulation: One of the most environmentally friendly types of insulation available, cellulose is made of up to 80% recycled material. It is also one of the best types of insulation for soundproofing.
- Spray foam insulation: Spray foam is ideal for all the small cracks, gaps and crevices behind your walls and can help eliminate air leaks that can cause your energy bills to skyrocket!
- Radiant barrier insulation: Here at MIG, we don’t offer radiant barrier insulation. However, this type of insulation is ideal for warm climates. It is installed in the attic, right under the roof, to help your home reflect, rather than absorb, heat from the sun.
- Rigid foam insulation: Rigid foam, or rigid board, insulation is available as a foam panel that can be cut. It’s mainly used for new construction insulation projects.
- Rockwool insulation: Made of rocks and minerals spun into small, high temperature-resistant fibers, rockwool (or mineral wool) insulation is used for a variety of applications.
- Icynene insulation: A spray foam insulation often installed between floor joists, and around wiring, piping and ductwork. It’s great for maximizing energy efficiency!
You don’t have to worry about choosing the right insulation. Our insulation experts will help determine what will work best in the areas of your home. Contact us today to schedule insulation services in Rochester, Brighton, Fairport and beyond.
Where to Insulate in Upstate NY Homes
Although it’s best to have your home well-sealed everywhere, some of the best locations to insulate your home include:
- Attic insulation: As one of the biggest sources of energy loss in homes, attics are good places to insulate.
- Wall insulation: Walls are other big sources of energy loss, and they need to be insulated—it is essential for better home energy efficiency. Like the attic, you’ll probably need to use more than one type of insulation for the walls.
- Basement insulation: Even if your basement is unfinished, it holds a lot of potential for energy savings. In fact, the right amount of basement insulation can save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- Crawl space insulation: Crawl space insulation, like basement insulation, is sometimes forgotten about. After all, not everyone uses their crawl space on a daily basis, but crawl space insulation can help prevent heat from leaking into or escaping from your home.
Get a FREE QUOTE for Your Insulation Installation in Rochester, NY
Call us today to get a free quote for your insulation installation in the Rochester, NY area. Our experienced team of installers can help you determine what the best type of insulation is and where your home needs to be insulated.
In addition to our insulation services, we also offer air sealing services to help improve the energy efficiency of your home!
Contact us online or by phone at 888-397-0988 to get a free quote on insulation installation in Rochester, Spencerport, Honeoye Falls and more.